I can’t believe it’s still Wednesday; this week has already felt so long and there’s still a couple days to go. I had originally signed up for this class called “Empirical Analysis of Energy Markets” that only meets during three weeks of the semester which is pretty sweet, but and that’s a pretty big BUT you meet 6 times for 1.5 hours each during each week. First week of this class started on Monday and as it happens today, I’ve been in uni for 10 hours straight…
Did I also mention that for some reason I’m currently signed up for 5 classes + a Norwegian language class although technically you don’t have to take more than 4 per semester? Yea, you can tell; it’s been FUN!!
And I realized today that it’s been 7 years since my last calculus class, so those little pretty math calculations that every professor decided to draw on the board on the same day? Yea, unfortunately, I remember zero: NADA!
But I figured, if I have survived 12 years of school, and 4 years of college, and 4 years of real life work, a masters degree can’t be any worse, right? Gotta stay optimistic. (Plus let’s look on the bright side: I’m in freakin Norway!!)
And speaking of staying optimistic: a few good things that happened this week:
- I got into the photography club! and then a board position as a photo editor was open, so I decided to take it. Can’t wait for the fun to come!
- I took a theoretical intro to sailing class yesterday; next monday I’ll go through the practical piece on a boat! So psyched!
- Because the school is not that big, I always end up running into people I know in the hallways; granted I’ve just met these people for the first time a few weeks ago, but in a country where you don’t know anyone, every new friend makes a difference, and right now these people are my mini Norwegian family.
- And speaking of Norwegian: the CEO of Norwegian Air presented in school today; sadly I missed the presentation, BUT Norwegian Air offered a free catered lunch for the entire school!!!
- And lastly, sometime this week I’ve discovered prune yogurt which is DELISH; seriously, how come I’ve never heard of it before?
Now, that I’ve actually finished writing this blog post I feel so much better; no matter how many little trivial complaints I might have, there’s always a million things I can count that make my day, week, month, life better.
Until next time, be happy!